We are seeking a professional like you to join our team as a Senior Site Accounting Analyst at Seneca. In this role, you will contribute to the development of the site, as well as to the accounting and finance community.
As a Senior Site Accounting Analyst, you will be a trusted professional and the first point-of-contact for accounting and financial guidance to leadership teams at BASF’s manufacturing locations. In addition, you will ensure transparency for decision-making for the Site Leadership Team to execute decisions impacting the site, as well as act as a trusted advisor capable of providing financial and accounting guidance and solutions, as well translating the operational activities at the site into financial results.
- Work with tight daily and month-end deadlines and be responsible for general and cost accounting, which includes systems and procedures to insure the accurate and timely financial reporting of site performance and provide support to site management to ensure the availability of data for analysis and reporting, as well as create and post accounting journal entry adjustments, and accruals monthly.
- Ensure FRC Controls, as well as coordinate with internal & external auditors, generally end of 3rd and 4th quarter yearly on precious metal reconciliations.
- BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent – Leverage your Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a similar discipline, you will provide strategic financial counsel and support to the Site Leadership.
- Interpret, direct, and ensure compliance with Corporate Accounting Policies and procedures.
- Responsible for precious metal controls, overseeing precious & non-precious metal physical inventory compilation – pricing, reconciliation & booking for one business segment, as well as approving precious metal posting & reconciliations & variances by process orders for one business segment.
- Manage cost center spending daily in alignment with the Fixed Cost Budget and Cost Center Owner and Leaders, as well as report on Fixed Manufacturing Cost – Budget to Actual and explain variances.
- Interface with management and communicate effectively to influence decisions and create and communicate relevant financial analyses to the associated business management personnel, providing meaningful insight into the site’s financial performance.
- Facilitate effective decision-making in either a static or changing environment, and provide strategic financial counsel and support to the Site Leadership.
- Ensure that adequate internal controls are maintained so that inventories, M&E, and other company assets are protected during all phases of plant operations.
- Manage the Site’s annual physical inventory for one business segment, as well as direct the preparation of the site’s Operating Plan/Forecast and assures accuracy and reasonableness of all forward-looking data used for business group projections. You will also ensure the annual rate development process supports the annual spending plan.
- Lead in the management and development of the assigned accounting staff to maximize productivity and efficiency and to ensure clarity in accountabilities and expectations among personnel.
- Ensure that site personnel possess sufficient financial knowledge to understand the P/L implications of activities occurring in their area of responsibility, through coaching and multiple forms of communication.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seneca, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A