As a Customer Service Associate, you’ll investigate emotive and complex customer and client queries, concerns and complaints related to an extensive range of products and services to understand the cause, impact and solution. Working proactively and collaboratively with other colleagues across the Barclays Group, you’ll deliver great customer outcomes to create advocates of Barclays.
The shift pattern for this position is rotational between 7am and 11pm Monday – Sunday.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
- Connecting emotionally with customers / clients to engage in their story by being passionate about what customers / clients are passionate about, create moments that matter
- Interacting with customers / clients on their terms, in an engaging way that demonstrates open-mindedness, active listening & being genuinely curious, flexing your style to reflect this
- Investigating complex and unique customer / client queries, concerns and complaints whilst withholding judgement, using the conversation cycle and role modelling mutual respect
- Utilising all resources to assess and evaluate situations at pace
- Embracing the freedom to identify and agree the right solution for the customer, using your ability and your license to wow
- Thinking always and involving customers in determining outcomes that are best for them, understanding their short, medium and long term needs
- Have full Financial Planning Certificate (FPC 1, 2 & 3) or Certificate for Financial Advisors (CEFA), or have advanced Pensions qualifications (e.g. G60)
- Experience in delivering exceptional customer interactions in a professional and caring manner
- Natural empathizer with the willingness and ability to understand others point of view and to build rapport with customers
- Desire to embrace the freedom provided to do the right thing for the customer to derive the right outcome and exceed customer expectations
- Ability to break down varying complex issues and assimilate a wide range of information to fully understand cause, impact and solution
- Knowledge of Banking products and services and associated legislation eg Code of Banking Practice.
- Knowledge of regulatory and risk requirements relating to complaints
- Experience of customer information and management systems
- Experienced in multiple channels of digital communication
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Croydon, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A