As a Barclay’s Java Developer, you will collaborate with the larger Equity Risk Valuations global team, developing solutions to help the team meet its goals on a number of strategic transformation initiatives. You will work closely with Front Office IT Development, Quants, Business and other teams to help deliver integrated solutions across the whole Equity Risk IT stack tailoring the solutions to help meet the needs of the Business.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is open to flexible working arrangements. Such as working from home, flexible or compressed hours, and part-time options. If you have a need for flexibility, please apply and discuss this with us during the hiring process.
- Delivering robust, maintainable solutions focussing on scalability and performance
- Following industry best practices and up to date technologies to maintain our competitive advantage in the market
- Providing assistance to Run the Bank in the support of the production platform and ensuring there is a stable/usable platform available for the global Business
- Being involved in all aspects of software delivery, including analysis, design, development, deployment hand-over to the support team
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum practices and their implementation on a software development project
- Proficiency in Java 11 or above
- Knowledge of development best practices as TDD, code reviews, automated code analysis
- Knowledge of databases & their SQL languages (e.g. Oracle, MSSQL, PL/SQL, TSQL)
- Awareness of multithreading and concurrency
- Knowledge of Git/Bitbucket and associated workflows
- Ability to explain complex technical ideas, problems and solutions
- Awareness of design patterns, data structures and algorithms
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A