Website AVI Limited
AVI Ltd. is known for its leading household brands across many categories including hot beverages, sweet and savoury biscuits and snacks, frozen convenience foods, personal care products, cosmetics, shoes, accessories, and fashion apparel.
NATIONAL BRANDS LIMITED operates 5 manufacturing sites, offering world-class manufacturing facilities in Isando (Johannesburg), Rosslyn (Pretoria), Westmead and Durban (KZN). It is home to some of the best-known South African tea, coffee and creamer brands, including our delicious range of much-loved savoury and sweet biscuits, and our melt-in-your-mouth snack range.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Maintenance Planner at NATIONAL BRANDS LIMITED Westmead, Biscuits. The Maintenance Planner will be responsible for the planning of preventative and shutdown maintenance, reporting on maintenance analysis, and participating in projects as assigned. This role reports directly to the Engineering Manager and will be responsible for managing an Assistant Maintenance Planner to reach key deliverables.
- Planning maintenance activities and coordination of maintenance activities including annual shutdowns and daily work.
- Preparing maintenance schedules taking into consideration resources and availability of machinery.
- Analyse machinery and component life cycles by identifying failure trends.
- Verifying integrity of data captured by artisans on the CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management System) on a daily basis.
- Updating maintenance schedules based on OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturers) manuals and historical performance.
- Develop cost and time estimates of planned maintenance work.
- Manage preventative and predictive maintenance strategies, which will include condition monitoring and other practices.
- Monitor job completion rates and report trends to the Engineering management team.
- CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management System) – implementation, optimization and management of the Shopware Asset Care system.
- Planning and optimising the most appropriate maintenance tasks for relevant equipment
- Analysis and interpretation of maintenance history and feedback report preparation.
- Ensure ongoing communication with Engineering Team Leaders, Production Managers and Production Planner.
- Work closely with engineering stores personnel to control spares and stock levels.
- Projects – work closely with the project team to ensure efficient delivery of tasks involving engineering input.
- Prepare gannt chart for annual shutdowns.
- Communicate with OEM’s (Original Equipment Manufacturers) regarding planned interventions.
- Management of annual shutdown budgets.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Manufacturing environment in the role of a Maintenance Planner.
- Experience in an FMCG environment is advantageous.
- Completed a trade test as a Fitter, Millwright and Electrical with a recognized institution ideal.
- National Diploma/B.Tech or equivalent qualification in Engineering
- Knowledge of Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) e.g. SAP or Shopware experience.
- Experience with a CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management System) preferably SAP or Shopware will be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) and RCM (Reliability Centred Maintenance) concepts and principles.
- Knowledge of MS Projects and MS Excel.
Company: AVI Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pinetown
Application Deadline: N/A