Website AVI Limited
AVI Ltd. is known for its leading household brands across many categories including: hot beverages, sweet and savoury biscuits and snacks, frozen convenience foods, personal care products, cosmetics, shoes, accessories, and fashion apparel.
NATIONAL BRANDS LIMITED operates 5 manufacturing sites, offering world class manufacturing facilities in Isando (Johannesburg), Rosslyn (Pretoria), Westmead and Durban (KZN). It is home to some of the best-known South African tea, coffee and creamer brands, including our delicious range of much-loved savoury and sweet biscuits, and our melt-in-your-mouth snack range.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Manufacturing Manager at NATIONAL BRANDS LIMITED Durban, Tea factory. The purpose of the role is to lead and support the manufacturing team in order to meet customer requirements and ensure that world class production and quality targets are achieved in the most cost effective manner. Tangible portfolio growth; delivering results; and meeting customer expectations coupled with supervisory experience are paramount for delivery and success.
- Ensure high efficiency, excellent quality and low waste.
- Ensure optimal production through effective liaison with all other support functions.
- Manage cost effective labour usage in accordance with MANMAPS.
- Analyse and resolve production history in order to minimize potential risk.
- Ensure that operating specifications are in place and are achievable (correctly implemented).
- Recruit, identify and develop the right talent.
- Effectively empower and develop staff through goal setting and performance management in order to enable them to contribute effectively and make the right decisions.
- Implement the correct business strategies.
- Effectively manage operational budget and cost-effectiveness.
- Assist in Capital Expenditure Projects.
- Ensure adherence to SHEQ, QMS and food safety requirements.
- At least 5 years’ Production, Operations or Quality management experience in the FMCG manufacturing environment
- A relevant completed tertiary qualification (National Diploma / BTech / BEng or similar) in Engineering or Production Management
- A qualification in Food Technology or Quality would be advantageous
- BOM integrity and validity auditing
- SCADA Industrial Control and Management
- Excel (Advance)
- Stock integrity management
- Variance (Job and Inventory) investigations
- Best practices and key learning implementation
- Customer complaint investigations for mitigation
- People Management (including an understanding of Industrial Relations)
- Understanding Process Flow
- Packaging equipment and material technology understanding highly advantageous
- Income Statements, Costing Models, Operating Profits
- Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Waste management (segregation and minimization)
Company: AVI Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban
Application Deadline: N/A