Website Australia Post
Most of us have fond memories of our local ‘Postie’ – the friendly face on the motorbike who delivered our letters and parcels. They’ve always been an essential part of Australia Post’s mail business, and as more of our customers embrace online and digital communications, it’s a role that’s only grown more significant.
This is your chance to hop on the bike yourself – and help us grow our letters service in refreshingly modern directions.
As one of our PDOs, you’ll start your days sorting mail – before hopping on a small motorcycle provided by Australia Post, and delivering that mail to customers.
- A current unrestricted motorcycle licence relevant to your state of residence (a provisional licence will also be considered)
- To successfully pass our practical driving / riding skills assessment
- To be fit enough to lift up to 16kg of mail repeatedly each day.
- Meet our motorcycles’ safe working load limit (so you’ll need to weigh 100kg or less when fully clothed)
- A friendly, reliable and considerate personality – with a real knack for communicating and interacting with others (after all, you’ll be constantly talking with our customers)
- Someone who enjoys early morning starts, and can be counted on to deliver mail to where it needs to go
- A commitment to Australia Post’s Occupational Health and Safety standards
- The flexibility to stay until the job’s done if need be – and a real desire to help the team.
Company: Australia Post
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Logan City, Queensland, AU
Application Deadline: N/A