You will be part of a team of Platform Engineers responsible for rolling out and supporting the next leg of the ASOS journey of continuous improvement through automation and help with any innovative technology implementations. This role will require you to actively work with the Central Platform Engineering team in which you will working on and delivering internal projects. From time to time, you will be asked to help support development teams to meet deadlines by helping their project work and to also help them improve their skills so that the team becomes more DevOps aware. Your long-term goal should be to make your role obsolete.
- Helping to support the Operation Services teams in their journey into the world automation and DevOps best practises.
- Supporting the Upgrades and the Monitoring/Alerting of Central Platform Engineering build and deployment stacks.
- Helping to resolve any Platform Engineering incident support tickets and any general queries posted on the Teams channels.
- Identifying anything that you see as tech debt and define a solution.
- Approving any code ‘pull requests’ from the Platform Engineering and Development communities for enhancements to joint engineering solutions, such as AKS (Azure Kubernetes Service) pipelines, Octopus Deploy templates, Azure policy as code etc…
- Acting as governance/competency when working with one or more development teams. Ensuring they are adhering to standards but more importantly, actively driving your skill in to the teams through such techniques as pairing, brown bag sessions and retrospectives.
- Taking full ownership of projects and/or project tasks assigned to you, from design/concept, implementation, documentation, and Brown Bag sessions.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England
Application Deadline: N/A