Website Allied Universal
This position is responsible for the safety and security of the facilities they protect. Our Critical Facility Officers allow us to accomplish our company’s core purpose which is “to service, secure and care for the people and businesses in our communities.” Critical Facility Security Officers act as a visible deterrent to crime and client rule infractions; they detect and report suspicious, unsafe or criminal acts at or near their assigned posts which may be a threat to the property, clients, guests or employees at the site.
- Meets and continues to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing and permit requirements for Armed Security Officers and specific protective device and weapons qualifications.
- Build, improve, and maintain effective relationships with both client employees and guests.
- Answer questions and assist guests and employees; Answer phones or greet guests/ employees in a professional, welcoming manner.
- Monitors closed circuit television systems and alarms; Reports safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances both verbally and in writing.
- Report safety concern, security breaches and unusual circumstances both verbally and in writing.
- Patrols the facility on foot or in a vehicle.
- Maintains proficiency in the use of all assigned protective equipment, restraint devices and weapons.
- Could be required to work for multiple clients at multiple locations; covering special projects, call offs, vacations and open shifts.
- Preserves order and acts to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors and premises.
- Maintains awareness and familiarity with the site-specific operations performance manual and post orders.
- Ensure the facility is provided with high quality security services to protect people and property.
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion. Must have proven ability to maintain correspondence, discussions and materials in strictest confidence. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Highly organized and ability to follow procedures concisely and consistently; high level of compliance and unwavering integrity to oversee and ensure policies are enforced in a self-directed environment.
- Be able to obtain a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying, maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the License at all times while on duty. We provide free training for any hires who do not possess a card/license.
- Must be able to frequently prepare reports and read and understand all operating procedures and instructions.
- Have intermediate computer skills to operate innovative wireless technology at client specific sites.
- Current state driver’s license, clean driving record (no points in prior 3 years), minimum level of insurance as required by Company policy, and ability to safely operate a vehicle required.
- Must possess effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to successfully interact at all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner, including with clients
- Ability to handle both common and crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently.
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test and may be required to pass a Driver’s Record check.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; at least 21 years of age
Company: Allied Universal
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A