Gartner is recruiting for an Analyst candidate with extensive experience in the national security sector (Defense and Intelligence, Armed Services) who can deliver actionable, objective insight to government IT executives as well as industry technology and service providers. A significant background working in national security organizations is a requirement for this position.
Gartner Analysts are industry thought leaders who create must-have research, market predictions and best practices for a broad range of world-leading organizations. A Senior Director serves as a contributor and leader within Gartner’s Research and Advisory organization, providing expert guidance and developing tools to enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance for our client organization’s most critical priorities.
- Conduct research by reading, networking with clients, vendors and analysts, evaluating and analyzing information and participating in Research Meetings and other activities which comprise the Gartner research process
- Create insightful and actionable research content primarily for government national security CIOs and industry technology and service providers primarily on the topics of IT strategy and execution, operational technologies, Command, Control, Communication, and Intelligence (C3I) systems, security policy, IT procurement and acquisition, and digital innovation.
- Become a regular commentator to media about topics related to government national security developments and trends.
- Contextualize existing Gartner research to make it more relevant and actionable for government national security CIOs and industry providers of technologies and services.
- Drive compelling interactions via client inquiries, remote and in-person briefings and conferences on a variety of national security topics aligned with your areas of coverage.
- Keep abreast of policy developments that have a significant global impact on the public sector IT market, particularly national defense organizations.
- Provide sales support by engaging with prospective and existing clients virtually or face-to face and by delivering impactful insight based on client needs.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Strong written and verbal proficiency, analytical and presentation skills; ability to engage clients and respond effectively to questions
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; Masters preferred – and/or relevant qualifications and/or relevant experience
- 12+ years’ experience working as an information technology leader in or for a federal or national government, with at least 5 years in a national security organization.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to work under tight deadlines and produce high quality deliverables
- Proficient in analyzing and synthesizing data; can effectively apply patterns and frameworks while drawing and defending conclusions to client challenges
- Demonstrate excellence in research and writing ability
- Significant applicable experience in the national security market or industry, to be accepted by clients as an expert in this sector.
- Strong communicator who can explain complex concepts concisely and simply
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A