Website Anova Health Institute
We are looking for a dynamic leader with experience working in the Public Health sector within HIV/TB/PMTCT programmes to join our team as the District Head of department. The incumbent will be responsible for leading, developing and implementing various aspects of the programme in line with the SA DOH’s NSP for TB/HIV/STI (2017-2022) and HIV/TB 90-90-90 strategy, including overseeing all programme activities including HR, budgets and finance, monitoring, evaluation and reporting on programme performance against set deliverables. The incumbent will also need to be able to liaise with the Department of Health and donors at all levels.
- Develop overall strategy for the programme in line with the SA DOH’s NSP for TB/HIV/STI (2017- 2022) HIV/TB 90-90-90 strategy, Anova strategies, donor requirements, annual project activities and work plans.
- Manage the necessary systems, structures, policies and procedures required for successful implementation.
- Manage all aspects of programme review, monitoring and evaluation.
- Anticipate implementation challenges and take effective corrective measures.
- Identify critical programme stakeholders (DOH, donors, other funded and non-funded organisations, etc.) and develop a stakeholder engagement plan.
- Work with Grants, Operations, and Finance managers to develop and manage programme budgets.
- Facilitate participation by Anova technical staff in provincial, district and sub-district strategic meetings.
- Manage a diverse team of staff in conjunction with other line managers in order to ensure efficient project delivery.
- Manage all aspects of project-related internal and external reporting, including reports to the Chief of Party, COO and to donors.
- Contribute to Anova’s strategic planning
- A degree in Health Science, with a post graduate qualification (MPH, Family Medicine, or equivalent).
- 10 years clinical and programme implementation experience in TB, HIV, HIV/TB medicine, including management of drug-resistant TB.
- Diploma in HIV Management an added advantage.
- Masters degree or Post graduate qualifications in Public Health/Equivalent an advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in HIV/TB/PMTCT programmes.
- At least 3 years’ experience in successfully managing a large, diverse and multi-faceted project is essential.
- Experience working in HIV/TB or other health related donor funded programmes.
- Knowledge of latest HIV/TB/PMTCT guidelines.
- Knowledge of 90-90-90 strategy and other Health related policies.
- Knowledge of HIV/TB programme performance indicators.
- Ability to analyse and interpret programme data to inform planning and programme implementation.
- Leadership skills and previous work with the Department of Health/donor funded environment.
- Good and in-depth understanding of the Health Systems in Gauteng.
- A valid driver’s license and ability to travel within the Sedibeng district.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
Company: Anova Health Institute
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sedibeng
Application Deadline: N/A