Website Anova Health Institute
Anova is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life is what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most. We are looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Analyst to analyse large and complex databases and facilitate development of accurate, easy to read, performance dashboards using modern data science tools, techniques, and best practices. The Business Intelligence Analyst collaborates with program teams, technical advisors, data, and public health teams to identify and create system performance insights. The successful candidate should have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users.
- Compile and submit internal reports as per process and by the stipulated deadlines
- Anova Routine Reporting for the process and to Anova_SI_Reporting for the list of reports and associated deadlines Data Processing
- Implement protocols for data processing, cleansing and verification of data used for analyses
- Propose system improvements through insights developed by analysis
- Iterative improvement of performance indicators and metrics
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems Data analytics and visualisation (Insights)
- Develop dashboards and disseminate to stakeholders
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets using statistical techniques, with a focus on increasing health service efficiency
- Providing analyses and visualizations that inform decision makers
- Support the development of algorithms for our analytics platform in order to answer key questions our users are asking Reporting
- Design and prepare data reports for the department of health, management and key stakeholders other users
- Support meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports.
- Documenting and communicating the results of your efforts.
- Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management. Any other tasks as agreed with line manager.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering, Business Management or Business Information.
- 3-5 years’ experience building dashboards and analyses with business intelligence tools (Tableau, PowerBI, etc.).
- Advanced Excel and PowerBI Skills
- Proficient in MS PowerPoint and Word
- Basic SQL coding skills
- Meticulous, detail-orientated and possess advanced analytical skills.
- Ability to organise, analyse and disseminate significant amounts of information.
- Passionate about excellent service delivery.
- Good communication skills.
- Deadline-driven and good at self-management.
Company: Anova Health Institute
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg
Application Deadline: N/A