Stantec is supporting our client, Qatar’s Public Works Authority ‘Ashghal’, in managing delivery of drainage services (O&M) through new performance based outsourced arrangements with its supply chain. This change in approach is aimed at enhancing Ashghal’s operations through partnering to achieve enhancing standards of service to be delivered to Ashghal’s customers in a sustained and cost-effective manner.
We seek a suitable candidate to provide consulting support and practical on-the-job inputs with Ashghal’s team in the review, validation, inference and guidance on performance related matters informed by the utilisation of business and comparative industry data / reports covering both technical and practical perspectives.
The role will support the Ashghal team members (Lead Engineers and Section Heads) to take up their new ‘owner’ roles through operational actions and initiatives that are aimed at improving measurement, reporting and management of partners through performance metrics. . The successful candidate would coach and support the client’s personnel to enable them to adopt and implement the new outsourced performance model more effectively.
- Review improvement projects suggested by Ashghal’s supply chain to an Innovation Forum, set against the business requirements, and advise on suitability, feasibility, and effectiveness of implementation.
- Supporting Ashghal staff in managing outsourced contracts to undertake O&M of Qatar’s three drainage systems – Foul Sewer, Treated Water and Surface / Ground Water.
- Promoting Best Practices and Benchmarking for continuous improvement.
- Reviewing operational performance and advising on actions / improvement initiatives to overcome actual or anticipated challenges.
- Review of reports and deliverables linked to performance metrices (KPIs and SLAs) on agreed frequency, and advise and support on necessary actions to be delivered by Ashghal team members and its supply chain.
- Advise and encourage supply chain preparation for Events (e.g., FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022TM ), and deployment of measures including equipment and resources.
- Support Lead Engineers in planning for and preparing contingency plans through agreed governance for identified and anticipated risks.
- Minimum of 12 years’ relevant and practical experience within major water / wastewater utility organisation(s)
- Preferred Chartered Status
- Degree or higher level qualification in engineering (e.g. BSc, BEng, MSc Civil)
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience in organisation(s) undergoing significant transformation
- Experienced in leading / advising teams on the operations of wastewater assets and their management
- Ability to drive and support strategic change focused on valued customer service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Doha, Qatar
Application Deadline: N/A