- Perform regular checks on building and make sure everything is in line with the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Perform periodic and ad-hoc building maintenance as directed by the maintenance officer, ensuring all maintenance is in line with the
- Occupational Health and Safety Act. Maintain and care for properties, identifying and repairing problems.
- Carry out minor repairs and services on all plumbing related equipment, perform office movement-related tasks including but not limited to installations of furniture, shop fitting, repairing of doors. Locks, handles, windows, replacing and repairs of ceilings and carpets.
- Adhere to security guidelines
- Respond to emergency calls when directed by the maintenance officer
- Perform regular checks weekly checks on generator usage and functionality
- Ensuring that all tools are kept in a workable condition and that maintenance storerooms are in good house keeping
- General paint work
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Assist/guide on site contractors on service delivery and compliance on Occupational Health and Safety.
- Report any Occupational health and safety issues to the maintenance officer
- Ensuring all maintenance is in line with the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Will be part of the health and safety team
- Attend all training with regards to OHS
- Basic knowledge on maintenance and facilities maintenance
- Basic Health and Safety policies knowledge
- Working knowledge on building maintenance and occupational health and safety
- Fluency in English is mandatory
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Excellent administrator with strong attention to detail.
- Technology and system savvy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment whilst still maintaining high levels of accuracy.
- Ability to maintain supreme levels of ethical behaviour and confidentiality.
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement
- Time management – effective time utilisation, meeting all deadlines
- Critical thinking
- Communication (written and verbal) – clear concise, good command and conveyance of language
- Service orientated
- People skills
- Quality orientated
- Fault finding skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Alberton
Application Deadline: N/A