A Field Service Technician is responsible for the day to day installations, maintenance, and providing training to NuPay merchants that use POS devices/terminals – this includes customers that have been outsourced to NuPay/ACS Field Services. Products installed include AEDO, POS, NAEDO, MPS, NuCard, EPV, E-Commerce and DebiCheck. A Field Service Technician will also be responsible for the preparation of equipment that will be installed at customers premises. Field Service technicians will also be responsible for stock control/management and administrative duties.
- Training of new employees on the above
- Assist with customer queries.
- Assist various departments with technical related queries.
- Perform new installations and service calls for NuPay and ACS Field Services.
- Knowledge on external admin providers and how they integrate with NuPay products
- Provide training to NuPay and ACS Field service merchants on products being installed
- Adhere to Service level agreements
- Scheduling appointments.
- In-depth knowledge on all NuPay and ACS Field Service products
- Preparation of equipment for new installations and service calls.
- Knowledge on 3rd party connectivity provider’s, for example Huge Connect and GDSP
- In-depth knowledge on Delfin products and how NuPay integrates with Delfin
- Customer queries and information.
- Ensure service calls and activations are updated and closed within Service Level Agreements
- To configure Huge Connect pads.
- Ensure job sheets are submitted daily once new installation and service call has been completed
- Ensure stock is correctly allocated to merchants and employees on CRM system (Ofbiz).
- Call logging information and customer queries.
- Manage boot stock to ensure enough stock for new installations and service calls
- Assistance from Delfin contact centre
- Replenish stock if, and when needed (submit stock replenishments).
- Service call and install allocations, knowledge sharing.
- Ensure stock is in presentable, working order.
- To assist merchants in getting their ADSL configured to enable connectivity to terminals
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Fluency in English is mandatory.
- A qualification in the fundamentals of IT would be advantageous
- Fluency in a second language such as Zulu/Afrikaans would be advantageous.
- Organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Excellent administration skills with strong attention to detail.
- Customer service/care course will be advantageous.
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Some knowledge of admin systems that integrate with NuPay systems will be advantageous
- Must be able to assist merchants from different backgrounds
- Working knowledge of POS systems will be advantageous.
- Must have a reliable vehicle (Regional technicians).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment whilst still maintaining high levels of accuracy.
- Ability to maintain supreme levels of ethical behaviour and confidentiality.
- Valid driver’s licence.
- Customer service focused
- Experience using POS devices/terminals will be advantageous.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Alberton
Application Deadline: N/A