- Control costs related to the generation of production plans, procurement, storage, handling and administration of stock
- Determine, implement and monitor purchasing, storage and distribution strategies, policies and plans
- Develop, direct and manage the logistics function
- Liaise with other departments and customers concerning their specific requirements
- Monitor and review storage and inventory systems to meet supply requirements and control stock levels
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers to meet quality, cost and delivery requirements
- Operate recording systems to track all movements of supplies and finished goods, and ensuring re-ordering and re-stocking at optimal times
- Oversee the recording of purchase, storage and distribution transaction
- Prepare and implement plans to maintain required stock levels at minimum cost
- Meet expectations of external and internal customers
- Regular liaison & negotiations with suppliers, vendors and custom clearance service providers
- Manage faulty items process and ensure warranties and guarantees are in place and used
Staff Leadership and Management
- Manage the effective achievement of the logistics’ team’s objectives through effective leadership and by setting of individual objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating team to maximise performance.
- Build and manage a high performing team by providing leadership, role clarity, training and career development.
- Ensure open communication channels with staff and implement change management interventions where necessary.
- Provide definition of roles, responsibilities, individual goals and performance objectives for the team.
- Set KPIs and provide regular performance feedback through a well-defined and implemented performance review program within the business unit.
- Encourage knowledge transfer through development and implementation of a knowledge transfer plan and drive continuous improvement philosophy through the knowledge transfer plan.
- Identify, understand and manage personal development requirements as well as among team members
- Promote an ‘Altron centric’ and ‘partnership approach’ to develop strong relationships with other working groups and ensure adherence to Group governance.
- Ensure that appropriate governance systems are in place and in line with future requirements, i.e. policies, procedures
- Lead and guide improvement projects that will increase profits or protect against risks in the function.
- Manage stock quality and ISO requirements with regards ordering of parts (new and existing)
- Establish and maintain the highest ethical standards in operations practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics or business related degree.
- 6 years proven experience in Logistics Management and Imports
- Sound exposure in following fields: stock keeping and financial systems
- Supplier and contract experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Midrand
Application Deadline: N/A