To perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities in-line with Xerox service performance guidelines and call procedures on Xerox equipment, including network support, thus maximising printer uptime through the ability to resolve both hardware and software faults. The service specialist bridges the gap between hardware and software, therefore providing the customer with quicker resolution times and ultimately a better service experience.
- To perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities in-line with Xerox service performance guidelines and call procedures on Xerox equipment, including network support, thus maximising printer uptime through the ability to resolve both hardware and software faults.
- Install and setup MFP’s and Printers on customers network and provide the required training on both the Hardware and Software ensuring the required proficiency is achieved. Assist customers with best practice regarding print workflows and colour management.
- To exhibit a proactive approach in attending to customer problems/needs and avoidance of customer dissatisfaction, to display a total commitment to putting the customer first.
- Attend to site inspections for installations ensuring site and electrical requirements are met in accordance with installation planning guidelines.
- Attend to equipment installations and ensure machines are installed in accordance with service documentation and that operators are trained on both Hardware and Software.
- To ensure that vehicles, boot stock, tools and other equipment is always available and are maintained in a clean and serviceable condition to provide a high level of service to the customers equipment and to project a professional company image.
- To continue to improve knowledge and skills on both Hardware and Software ensuring the required ability is achieved to identify problems on either hardware or software and therefore resolve accordingly.
- To exhibit a proactive approach to self-development and self-study with regard to skills and technology advancements.
- To continuously strive to improvability e knowledge of self and the customers changing needs in terms of the equipment and operational requirements and provide usage and maintenance guidance and support to the customer.
- To liaise with the FSS/DTM on complex and un-resolved faults and escalate accordingly, thereby facilitating and enabling the resolution of such problems efficiently and effectively. Ensure compliance is maintained on Device’s via software upgrades, patch updates and license renewals.
- Achievement of effective call productivity standards and service processes including: communication with the Command Centre, call escalation procedures, admin & billing procedures, spares usage and meter readings.
- N4 Electronics / Electro mechanical qualification or equivalent diploma
- N+ / A+ Certification
- Minimum of 3 years electromechanical repair experience on multifunction colour printers
- Experience on colour and mono devices
- Must have a good understanding of colour management
- Experience on Networks would be advantageous.
- Code 08 Drivers License
- Own vehicle required
- The candidate must pass colour perception test.
- Will be required to work overtime.
- National Certificate Level 4 (N4) / Grade 12 (Required)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria
Application Deadline: N/A