You are responsible to secure that the graphic standards are implemented in the IKEA store are in line with the IKEA manuals. You achieve the time plans and budgets for each project set by the Comm-in Manager.
- Plan, implement and follow up all projects in the store based on work briefs developed by Sales Managers and Com& In manager.
- Maintain a high level of know how regarding the software and hardware used to produce all graphic communication.
- Be involved in the recruitment of the graphic designers; ensure the vacancies are filled as soon as they arise and the right candidates are hired in the vacant positions.
- Make sure all graphic designers have been properly trained including development programs to secure the store performance and succession needs.
- Ensure that all graphic communication supports the IKEA visual Identity, IKEA trademark and IKEA pricing as described in the IKEA manuals.
- Assist Visual Merchandisers and the Interior Designers as and when required, in projects or activities that are planned for the store.
- Ensure that all graphic designers have receive the necessary training in safety and security aspects related to the use of this equipment so they are able to follow the rules and regulations and prevent accidents.
- Ensure adequate supply of tools and material with environmental awareness.
- Ensure positive results in the employee survey and taking action in the areas where the satisfaction is low
- Degree in Graphic Communication design, media and typography.
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- 5 years’ relevant experience within the Communication & Interior Design department in one or more IKEA stores
- Good analytical and strategic skills and the ability to steer the store business over the short-, mid- and long term.
- Knowledge of the local market & competition
- 3 – 5 years’ experience as a Graphic Designer, ideally in retail industry
- Must be able to take the lead in planning, presentation and implementation of range presentation solutions and lead the routines of the Com & In department.
- Good experience in incorporating the commercial calendar into the Communication & Interior Design action plan
- Must have skills in using sign making equipment and good experience of Adobe creative suite CS6 for both PC and MAC graphic software such as Illustrator, photoshop and InDesign
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A