Website Air Canada
Reporting to the Manager, Cabin Standards and Processes, the Cabin Process Manager is responsible to perform aircraft exterior and cabin inspections, based on Commercial standards and in support of departmental objectives. This position is also responsible for providing coaching to frontline Cabins employees to ensure commercial standards are met and grooming SOPs are adhered to. The incumbent will also participate in the development of best practices and support the development and launch of new grooming processes.
- Act as a Customer Service Manager in the operations when required and assist with special projects.
- Analyze findings from inspections and provide feedback and recommendations on grooming and aircraft condition to meet standards and aircraft condition.
- Provide coaching to frontline Cabins employees to ensure commercial standards are met and grooming SOPs are followed. This includes one-on-one debriefs with employees/crews that require additional support and/or score below target.
- Support the development and launch of new processes.
- Ensure regular communication to station Leads regarding grooming stats, missed opportunities, areas of improvement and reinforcement of positive results.
- Participate in the development of grooming best practices by conducting time and motion studies/trials/focus groups, analyzing results, and gathering frontline feedback.
- Assess safety, warehouse, yard and Aircraft SOP on a fix interval. Develop KPI. Work closely with grooming operation or area not meeting target
- Review best practices, identify areas for improvement (including reducing costs to the operation) and provide recommendations.
- Review grooming audit results, identify areas that require focus and missed opportunities.
- Provide visual content (pictures/videos) for training, playbooks, bulletins as required.
- Familiar with Transport Canada aviation regulations and norms (an asset)
- Strong orientation towards change management and passionately focused on measurable results
- Demonstrated capability to carry out projects independently to their successful completion within the budgeted time and cost.
- Familiar with Health Canada regulations and norms (an asset)
- Extensive demonstrated experience in airline operation
- Certification from an accredited college or university in Aircraft / Business / Administration, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in cost & benefit tracking, and strong analytical skills.
- Ability to engage, motivate, and facilitate a cross-functional work team to achieve objectives.
- Minimum 3 years relative experience in operation, process development, communication in an airline environment.
- Strong communication skills with the demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and develop personnel to achieve operational objectives within a multi-disciplinary organization.
Company: Air Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A