Our Boys team is looking for a confident, positive, and resilient Planner who can think laterally and has the strong analytical and proven numerical abilities required for the delivery, implementation, and management of departmental business plans in accordance with Company strategies and to continue growing this area of our Business.
Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated, passionate about performance, solution-driven, and will have the high energy level required for this fast-paced, exciting and dynamic retail environment.
- Delivering and implementing departmental business plans that support the business units merchandise strategy.
- Managing departmental forecasts to achieve agreed departmental growth and profitability as per the Business Plan.
- Preparing and delivering merchandise assortment plans that support the signed-off departmental business strategy.
- Ensuring sufficient inflows to maintain agreed replenishment service levels to achieve agreed departmental growth and profitability as per the Business Plan.
- Providing accurate and timeous merchandise information to minimise risk and optimise business opportunities.
- Executing and managing project plans to achieve the agreed objectives (if applicable).
- A Grade 12 certificate is an essential requirement.
- A qualification would be a definite advantage.
- Preferred qualifications are B. Comm./ B. Science degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Stats, and Business Science OR National Diploma majoring in Internal Auditing and Cost and Management Accounting OR National Diploma in Financial Information Systems.
- the retail merchandise cycle with regards to Buying, Planning, Logistics and Stores
- seasonal & non-seasonal replenishments
- the SA retail clothing market, customers, and competitors
- Sound numerical skills
- Analytical thinking & logical problem-solving skills
- Merchant skills & a sound commercial mentality
- Interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Planning, organising & time management skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- remain flexible, function under pressure, and maintain a positive attitude and work performance in a variety of circumstances
- create a shared vision and positively influence others to make decisions
- communicate effectively at all levels
- be self-motivated, take responsibility, and have a sense of pride in one’s work
- work independently, as well as be a team player
- A strong sense of integrity
- A minimum of 2-3 years previous experience in product planning within a relevant retail environment is an important requirement.
- Experience in fashion, replenishment, and assortment planning
- Prior store planning experience
- Previous store management experience (1 – 2 years)
- Previous exposure to general logistics and supply chain processes
- Experience working in planning systems such as Enterprise Planning, Location Planning, Assortment Planning, Allocation Planning, and/or Just Enough
- Experience in building seasonal assortment plans would be an advantage
- A working knowledge of the latest Microsoft packages (Word & Excel) is essential. Experience in working at an advanced level in Excel would be a definite advantage.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town
Application Deadline: N/A