Website ABSA Group Limited
Support the Senior Assurance Manager IT General Controls: Lead/Senior Assurance Manager Project Change: Lead to drive and execute on the agreed ITO A&T Combined Assurance coverage plan. Assist in the improvement of the control environment for Information Technology Office (ITO) as well as other business clusters through assurance activities in alignment with the ITO A&T methodology, assurance standard, governance and delivery objectives.
- Develop the Assurance Plan through consultation with the respective Risk Leads, CIOs and the Senior Assurance Manager IT General Controls: Lead/Senior Assurance Manager Project Change: Lead.
- Plan the delivery of assigned assurances to a high quality and in line with Key Performance Indicators as per the ITO A&T methodology which includes preparation of the announcement memo and meeting key deliverables in terms of assurance timelines.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of business clusters and use this knowledge to assess risks and controls through identifying, assessing and documenting risks and controls within these processes.
- Provide consulting services to implement lasting change and sustained improvements around critical processes to support the bank’s top priorities.
- Support the Senior Manager: Combined Assurance and Reporting in validating effective controls as per the Control Self-Assessment (CSA) for the business units.
- Conduct assurance reviews, investigations, and/or ad hoc projects with minimal supervision and direction from the Senior Assurance Manager IT General Controls: Lead/Senior Assurance Manager Project Change: Lead independently or be part of a team headed by a Lead.
- Use business knowledge to assess evolving risks, write high quality reports with observations which are insightful, address the root cause, have agreed actions that fully mitigate the risk, support the Issues Management process and require no further assurance work to support them.
- Anticipate potential barriers, issues, and management concerns and create action plans and recommendations to address these concerns in a timeous manner.
- Mentor and coach less experienced team members on assigned assurance reviews by providing guidance around the ITO A&T methodology and assurance process and manage the teams that are assigned to the assurance review effectively by delegating assurance work to empower each individual team member.
- Execute on the Design Effectiveness Testing (DEA) and Operating Effectiveness Testing (OET) in line with the ITO A&T methodology and Assurance standard requirements.
- Manage the execution of Design Effectiveness Testing (DEA) and Operating Effectiveness Testing (OET) of the assigned assurance team on a review in line with methodology requirements.
- Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Company: ABSA Group Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Randburg
Application Deadline: N/A