Website ABSA Group Limited
The role needs to provide assurance to the bank in relation to the risk management of the portfolio’s collateral from a monitoring and valuation perspective. In executing the function, the role will interface with relevant internal stakeholders as well as external clients, ensuring a high level of service whilst managing portfolio risk and maximising account profitability through the correct and timely execution of business and client instructions.
The individual will be responsible for the management of the portfolio of Accounts, Documentary Trade and Vanilla Short-Term Finance (Working Capital). This role will review the work performed by other Collateral Manager/s and perform physical Warehouse and Inventory inspections as well as Risk Assessments.
- Conducting Risk Assessments to understand control environment –and any material risks – relating to raising of sales and debtors, creditors, statutory accounts and management accounting by reference to the prospect’s policies and procedures in place, management’s ethics and integrity of information; thus confirming validity and value of Accounts Receivable
- Attending pre-implementation meetings prior to the on-boarding of new clients and / or transactions with all relevant TWC & Credit stakeholders to provide advice on the management and flow of collateral being financed and proactively propose risk mitigants arising from such structures.
- Being the subject matter expert on RF, SRF transactions in particular:
- Conducting on-site inspections (e.g. of service providers, warehouses and other storage and logistic infrastructure, transportation and assaying equipment) in order to be correctly informed of the nature of the movement and control of the collateral under consideration.
- Proactively monitoring, reviewing and escalating portfolio collateral, cash cover and ongoing monitoring of collateral in relation to TWC facilities
- Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
- A B degree in Finance or Auditing
- 5 years or more experience in Trade Finance, Receivables Finance, Trade Loans and General Banking Facilities
Company: ABSA Group Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sandton
Application Deadline: N/A