Website ABSA Group Limited
To report monthly financial results to Front Office stakeholders, CIB Finance colleagues as well as Group and finance teams.
Support business in understanding and interpreting their financial results by providing value add analysis to aid in decision making
Implement improved processes and ways of reporting to enhance value-add to business;
Plan for future years’ performance considering economic variables, the businesses strategy and risk variables.
- Conduct basic statistical analysis to track performance variances and determine the root causes of errors. Make recommendations for productivity or process enhancements to process owners
- Review the 3 year forecast for Medium Term Plans (MTP’s) for the area of accountability in accordance with BU strategy annually.
- Ensure that processes, control requirements and risk management frameworks that have been designed for the area are understood by all members of the team and that these are adhered to on a monthly basis.
- Complete compliance training undertaken within prescribed timelines.
- Engage with the Central Planning team to deliver monthly reports for Group reporting purposes
- Compile and present Financials to the relevant business owners on a monthly basis including financial actuals against forecasted trends and prior year performance.
- Monitor financial trends and identify gaps, based on gaps identified, advise business and finance on actions that can be taken
- Obtain a thorough understanding of the business unit’s strategy and explain it to team members in such a way that they understand the contribution they have to make and can relate that strategy to a forecast
- Review the Revised Annual Forecast (RAF) for the area of accountability in accordance with BU strategy annually
- Review the income statement and balance sheet against budget with accountable managers on a monthly basis and engage on areas of under-performance.
- Conduct research and develop financial forecasts and indicators for the business to enable effective financial decision making and early warning systems.
- Actively engage with various other CIB areas including Treasury, Product Control and My Mi.
- Provide financial advice and guidance to line managers and business owners on new initiatives, current budget management practices and trends in their areas of accountability.
- Explain targets and take accountability for the monitoring and achievement of front office performance down to a Headline Earnings Level including return metrics (RoRC, PARCC etc)
- NQF Level 7: Honours/Master’s Degree BCom Accounts
- Minimum 3 years financial management experience
- Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Financial Sciences (Required)
Company: ABSA Group Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sandton
Application Deadline: N/A