Website University of the Witwatersrand
The University of the Witwatersrand is seeking to employ a dynamic, creative, innovative professional who will lead a diverse events team to drive the strategic advancement objectives of the University.
The incumbent will lead a team that will flawlessly organise major events, particularly during Wits’ centenary year.
- Develop (and annually revise) an annual PR plan and calendar in line with the University’s strategic and advancement goals,
- Initiate, plan, execute and manage major events,
- Develop excellent relationships with internal and external stakeholders,
- Keep abreast of the latest trends in the industry in order to deliver world-class, high-tech events (in-person, online, and hybrid),
- Manage budgets and multiple events simultaneously,
- Take responsibility for ensuring that events are adequately advertised, and uploaded to the Wits website and other platforms,
- Advise on protocol issues for high-level interactions, and
- Provide leadership to the Functions and Events unit and external partners.
- Relevant degree or equivalent,
- Own transport and valid driver’s license,
- A minimum of seven years relevant working experience, of which at least two years must be in a managerial role, preferably in a large complex organisation or in a portfolio wherein which the incumbent handled major hybrid events,
- Excellent strategic planning and implementation skills,
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills,
- Superior command of the English language,
- Have a high level of personal motivation, initiative, energy and creativity, and
- Ability to work under pressure.
Company: University of the Witwatersrand
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg
Application Deadline: N/A