Vodafone is seeking a SOX Compliance Specialist in Madrid. The position will play an important role in the monitoring of and reporting on Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX) compliance. This position will prepare and develop audit programs and test plans and perform comprehensive audits of varied complexity. This position will work closely with the process owners to understand processes, ensure risks are appropriately identified and controls to mitigate the risks are in place and operating effectively. This position will also ensure timely and informative reporting on the risk and control environment.
- Validating findings with control owners and evaluating the implications.
- Partnering with internal cross functional teams identifying control weaknesses and making control improvement recommendations to management.
- Acting as a liaison with the external auditors, Share Service Centers and with other Controls teams (central functions and other local markets), ensuring that control tests are effectively aligned with expectations and designed to meet auditor and Group objectives.
- Meeting project deadlines and delivering high quality work product.
- Providing consultation to the business on the nature and significance of control issues and advising in control design decisions and changes
- Testing the Company’s system of internal controls impacting on the financial reporting.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Accounting or Finance, preferably with at least 2 years audit experience (Big 4 or larger regional accounting firm preferred) and recent relevant experience related to SOX compliance activities.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with project teams and stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of internal control concepts.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team, including virtual collaboration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or equivalent.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England
Application Deadline: N/A