To provide High-Level technical support to (Energy Project Team, Managed Services, and Contractors), Dimensioning of Site Power requirements, and Testing of new products to ensure a reliable high-quality network service is provided to customers.
- Conduct research and provide technical advice for renewable energy to overcome energy challenges, including Solar PV, Gas, Smart Aircons, etc.
- Provide technical inputs to the Solutions architects and financial business partners for completing business cases.
- Devise strategies to reduce the cost of energy network rollout.
- Assist in RFP Evaluations for various Energy requirements i.e Generators, Rectifiers, Batteries, etc.
- To provide High-Level Technical support to the Energy Project Team, Regional Teams, and Contractors Management to ensure Projects and Quality are maintained and executed nationally.
- To dimension End to End site power including battery capacity, rectifier capacity, and cooling which will be adequate for all technologies up to 5G as well as EBU sites.
- To ensure that the national power dimensioning is updated to aid during the budgeting process and that it is in line with the strategy for ensuring a stable network nationally (Rectifiers, batteries, Aircons, generators, monitoring).
- Provide Energy Forecast (Energy mix Modelling) and participate in the sourcing of suitable energy providers/partners to solve energy challenges.
- Provide Technical support on all energy-related issues and installation to all Vodacom regions, Contractors, and Maintenance field forces.
- Provide leading role in all sessions with SPOCs and contractors.
- Develop energy reporting templates based on the master file and other energy data.
- To come up with strategies to reduce network OPEX.
- Ensure that the PM manages the material requests and have end to end accountability.
- Ensure that the Projects master reports are maintained by project teams.
- Ensure that the weekly reporting slides are compiled and templates maintained.
- Assist in testing including Lab testing for all energy products and network equipment as guided by the Principal Specialist (Batteries, shelters, etc…) before deployment.
- Provide inputs to ANOC on how to incorporate and configure Alarms for energy equipment.
- Provide technical support and solution on energy-related matters to deliver network availability above 99,5% nationally working with All regions.
- To regularly update the Energy Master File and relevant files to ensure the latest data is available.
- 4+ years of operational and support experience in the relevant operational environment.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, stressful, ever-changing environment.
- Matric/ Grade 12 is essential.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
- 8+ years experience in Technical Operations within a telecommunication network operator.
- 5+ years experience in one or more of the following operational areas: Energy and environmental Operations/Radio Maintenance & Transmission/Network Performance Management.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Midrand
Application Deadline: N/A