Website Valero Energy
Performs analyses, calibrations and regular maintenance of analyzers. Duties also include monitoring of quality control charts and interactions with other chemists and refinery personnel.
- Performs analyses as needed; calibrations, maintenance and minor repairs of instruments.
- Maintains analytical specialization in laboratory areas.
- Assists with training of Lab Technicians and performs TMA’s (Test Method
- Validates data for product certification and generates C of A’s for product and intermediate tanks.
- Troubleshoots issues with instrumentation and work with vendors to resolve problems.
- Schedules preventative maintenance service calls as needed.
- Writes and updates lab procedures as needed.
- Performs special projects as assigned by Laboratory Manager.
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Minimum of one year of directly related laboratory experience required.
- Available to work nights and weekends required.
- Good communication skills required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry, Biology, Bio-Chemistry, Physics, or related field preferred.
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Meraux, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A