Website Valero Energy
Responsible for administration and support of DCS, PLCs, SIS and related systems and interfaces in a large petrochemical facility. Configures and maintains process controls, performs systems analysis, scopes project needs for operations improvement and collaborates on designs with project teams. Troubleshoots and provides forward thinking for technological advancement, reliability improvement and standards compliance. Functions as primary Control Systems Engineering representative for an operating area of the plant, working closely with Operations, Maintenance and Project Engineering.
- Troubleshoots and maintains DCS database, software and configuration primarily for Foxboro systems with some legacy Honeywell, Emerson and others.
- Monitors and identifies mal-performing field instruments impacting control or safety performance.
- Develops and implements process control schemes and control techniques including the tuning of existing process controllers.
- Assists project engineers with modifications, expansion and new process units.
- Provides startup assistance for operations, maintenance tasks and projects.
- Troubleshoots and maintains PLCs, SIS, HMIs and various control networks.
- Learns and supports corporate standards for design, maintenance and change management.
- Works closely with other Control System Engineering group members to generate KPIs for corporate metrics related to instrumentation, controls, alarm management, SIS, cyber security, etc.
- Supports the operation and upgrades of existing APC application and participates in identifying opportunities for improvement or growth.
- Works turnaround schedules as needed which may require 12+ hour days and participates in the on-call rotation within the Control Systems group.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher level degree in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Control Systems, Mechanical Engineering, or related field required.
- 2 years of engineering experience in a petroleum refinery required.
- Process control and/or control systems engineering experience required, including 2 years of DCS control experience preferred.
- Process engineering experience preferred.
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Norco, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A