Website Valero Energy
Prepares sales and use tax returns accurately and timely. Reconciles assigned general ledger accounts. Researches tax issues and provides exemption certificate when applicable. Analyzes invoices to insure proper tax treatment.
- Assists in completion of special projects.
- Prepares sales and use tax returns that are complete and accurate.
- Ensures returns are timely filed.
- Prepares monthly reconciliations of tax accrual accounts.
- Prepares wires and check requests for payment of taxes and coding to correct general ledger account.
- Works with customers and outside taxing authorities to resolve tax issues.
- Researches new tax laws and regulations.
- Prepares license requests for state sales and use tax.
- Completes exemption certificates.
- Reviews assigned tax invoices to insure accuracy of tax determination.
- Assists managers and senior staff with special projects.
- Develops a basic understanding of Valero’s business.
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s or higher level degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field preferred.
- CPA, Enrolled Agent, or CPA candidate preferred.
- Public accounting experience or equivalent experience in industry preferred.
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A