Website University of Cape Town
The Department of Mechanical Engineering is seeking to appoint a permanent, full-time academic at the Associate Professor level. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to teaching, administration, and research in the Department. We invite suitably qualified persons to apply for this position.
- Lecture to students, develop course material and contribute to excellence in the PGDip in Power Plant Engineering;
- Conduct research, publish in refereed journals and contribute to excellence in research in the Department;
- Supervise postgraduate and undergraduate students; and
- Contribute to the Department’s social responsiveness by engaging with community and/or industry through teaching and research.
- Serve as the Programme Convenor of the PGDip in Power Plant Engineering;
- Market the PGDip in Power Plant Engineering and source funding opportunities;
- Experience of the management and leadership of projects, and supervision of research students
- Contribution to curriculum development at course and/or programme level
- Compliance with the criteria for registration as a Professional Engineer
- A PhD in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
- 5 years’ relevant experience in the power industry. This could be either through academic interaction, industrial consultation, or employment in the industry.
- Experience of undergraduate and/or postgraduate or technical teaching.
- Research track record, including recent peer-reviewed research publications.
- Demonstrable experience of the workings and related theory of thermal power plants and thermo-fluid processes. Focus is on power generation, not transmission or distribution
- A track record of research projects, securing funding and research publications
- Experience in the management of courses, staff and/or research projects
Company: University of Cape Town
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town
Application Deadline: N/A