Manages and executes the strategic three year and annual internal audit plans, in accordance with the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) and provides assurance on the status of internal controls across Transnet Operating Divisions focusing on the value chain customer centred processes from order to execution/delivery, namely the following portfolio:
- Integrated Operations (Rai, Ports & Regulated businesses)
- Integrated value chain Operations in Manufacturing
- Research and Development.
- Aligns the company strategy as it relates to the portfolio to the Internal Audit Assurance & Advisory Strategy, processes, procedures and roadmap.
- Implements the OD Assurance strategy and roadmap in line with company policies and procedures.
- Leads and manages resources to ensure implementation of audit and advisory strategy and roadmap
- Aligns the internal audit processes and procedures to the portfolio’s risk assessments.
- Provides input into business risk assessments, industry and global benchmarks to be used as basis for the Strategic Internal Audit and Advisory Plan.
- Ensures ongoing alignment of Transnet risk exposures as they relate to integrated value chain operations.
- Supports the development and ensures execution of the OD Assurance strategic three year internal audit plan for the OD Assurance – Operations portfolio, which is risk-based and aligned to Transnet’s risk profile.
- Provides regular input into the strategic three year Internal Audit plan to ensure that it appropriately responds to emerging risks.
- Ensures compliance with all PFMA and regulatory requirements in the execution of audits Manages and executes Operations audits that will embrace effectiveness, efficiency, economy of business processes in order to add value.
- Supervises the teams to ensure timely execution of Internal Audit Plan.
- Provides ongoing assessment of the adequacy and effectiveness of the system of internal control and risk management for relevant portfolio to input into the overall annual written assessment report to the Audit Committee, the Board and other Board committees.
- Provides real-time assurance where necessary to ensure successful implementation.
- Supports the performance of continuous auditing on high risk areas.
- Executes Internal Audit Plan in accordance with approved internal audit budget, internal audit methodology and quality standards for the OD Assurance – Operations portfolio.
- Executes regular follow up reviews to ensure timely implementation of management actions across all ODs.
- Attends various Governance Forums within the Operating Divisions to make relevant recommendations with regards to process and performance enhancements and strengthening the system of internal controls.
- Evaluates business risks on a quarterly basis and aligns OD Assurance – Operations advisory projects accordingly.
- Undertakes and executes advisory projects that will have high impact on the business.
- Supports the development of Internal Control Frameworks for the portfolio.
- Supports and provides input into the extensive use of benchmarks in order to derive value add on performance audits.
- Supports the integrated/combined assurance activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or other relevant to the audit profession
- Professional certification in Auditing such as CIA/CISA/CA will be an advantage
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in an auditing environment of which at least 3 years in the management role
- Work experience in a large organisation will be an advantage
- People management experience will be an advantage.
- Experience in transport/logistics industry will be an advantage.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A