To load, transport and unload all cargo within the Kendal Siding in Mpumalanga, through the operation of the correct plant and Equipment in compliance with the applicable standard operating procedure in order to optimize the movement of cargo and reduce damages thereby increasing terminal profits.
- Perform daily task on allocated machine prior to commencement of work in order to ensure operational integrity of equipment.
- Complete daily task sheets, record equipment defects and advise supervisor of defects.
- Replenish fuel and fluid levels of equipment.
- Operate allocated equipment in accordance with applicable standard operating procedure and monitor equipment performance during performance of the job.
- Operate Articulated vehicles, tractor/trailer, forklifts trucks, payloader and tip truck.
- Report accidents or incidents which occur during performance of duty.
- Ensure correct equipment / attachments are utilized during the performance of duties and change equipment as required to handle changing commodities.
- Perform end of shift task.
- Handling of abnormal and unusual loads.
- Matric and 1-year Minimum relevant experience.
- Certificate of competence for each machine operated – (Front End Loader).
- Travelling long distances.
- Poor lighting in some areas during night shift.
- Working within confined spaces.
- Code 14 (EC Drivers License).
- Condition of equipment, (Reported defects not repaired).
- Handling dangerous cargo (Copper/ Manganese), Coal
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Richards Bay, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A