To ensure correct, accurate and timeous accounting and reporting of Fixed Assets, CWIP, Intangibles, Investment Property and Right of Use Assets for Transnet National Ports Authority in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Preparation/review of monthly, interim and year-end financial results, reports and notes in respect of Fixed Assets, Intangibles, Investment Property and Right of Use Assets.
- Maintain appropriate internal control systems and ensure CRFC’s are effective.
- Maintenance of detailed policies and procedures.
- Lead/participate in the process of optimisation of the SAP system to improve financial reporting for decision making purposes.
- Liason with external and internal audit at a TNPA corporate level.
- Ensure compliance with the applicable regulatory/statutory frameworks.
- Lead/participate in finance related projects eg. Asset Revaluation Project, Investment Property valuation etc.
- National Business Process Owner for Fixed Assets, Intangibles, Investment Property and Right of Use Assets.
- Provision of support to Ports/Business areas in terms of financial accounting, taxation, internal control environment and other financial compliance aspects in respect of Fixed Assets, Intangibles, Investment Property and Right of Use Assets.
- Responding to ad-hoc Group requests and queries timeously.
- EFT signatory for Head Office – ensuring timeous payments to suppliers.
- Stress/pressure management
- Practical knowledge of IFRS
- Quality service rendering
- Computer literate
- Understanding of reconciliation processes
- Interpersonal skills
- Honours in Accounting and/or completed articles will be considered an advantage.
- B.Comm (Accounting)
- Decision making
- Understanding of principles of Corporate governance, including risk assessment and control frameworks
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
- 8 years
- In-depth knowledge of Transnet and TNPA policies
- Sound knowledge of SAP ERP in particular FI-AA (Fixed Assets) module
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Soweto, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A