The Tesla Infrastructure team is looking to hire a Field Service Technician in Exeter, to provide diagnostic support during the installation and servicing of our energy storage products. This person will be travelling to sites as needed to perform maintenance, troubleshooting and repair issues at industrial facilities with cutting edge Tesla products that may be under construction or is already existing; knowledge of, and comfort with these types of facilities is a must. This person will also be responsible for developing the knowledge base to be used by both internal and external parties to troubleshoot issues. This person must have an engineering mind with a very hands on approach and a great customer and contractor interface. The work will require travel, sometimes on short notice, and may require extended trips; a get-it-done mentality for all of the situations is expected.
- Primary interface of our Network Operations Centres to authorized contractors who perform maintenance on Tesla’s stationary storage products.
- Oversee commissioning, service, testing, and verification actions performed by our service provider network, troubleshooting devices as well as entire industrial systems (Powerpacks). This will include guiding the work of construction trades such as electricians and professional disciplines such as engineers.
- Ensure service providers have access to the required hardware.
- Debug systems and perform remote diagnostics on field failures by reviewing data logged by energy storage devices.
- Develop processes and documentation for standard service actions.
- Recognize trends and patterns in field failures and feedback to the development team to drive future designs.
- Provide technical support in order to minimize system downtime, through day-to-day coverage of internationally distributed service cases.
- Work with engineering and manufacturing teams to ensure new issues are fully investigated and that countermeasures are in place.
- Regular collaboration with worldwide service teams to ensure consistent and stable global service operations.
- Continued development of the diagnostics knowledge base to be used for future troubleshooting.
- Travel to perform onsite root cause analysis.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in technical support or call center environment within Renewable energy and/ Battery background preferred.
- Ability to thrive in both independent and team environments.
- Electrical, Energy or Electronic background related technical experience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in English – additional European language is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize effectively, handle shifting priorities and troubleshoot.
- Flexible schedule; this team runs 24/7/365 globally to accommodate our customer’s needs (shift work may be necessary).
- Experience with CRM systems and MS Office Suite.
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions with attention to detail.
- Understanding of distributed generation and/or energy storage systems preferred.
- Willingness to learn about new and innovative technologies.
- Establish and maintain positive, cooperative, working relationships
- The candidate should be a certified/licensed electrician in their country.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Southampton, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A