Website Sutter Health
Maintains scheduling for specialized procedures for an assigned department. Coordinates services with physicians’ offices, and other related departments, verifying room and equipment availability if necessary. Gains confidence and cooperation from the patient, their family/support group, and other healthcare providers through competent job performance and effective communication. Adheres to all local/state/federal regulations, codes, policies and procedures to ensure privacy and safety while delivering optimal patient care. May also be responsible for performing specific tasks and/or orient other staff to the department.
- Work independently, as well as be part of the team, including accomplishing multiple tasks in an environment with interruptions.
- Identify, evaluate and resolve standard problems by selecting appropriate solutions from established options.
- Possess written and verbal communications skills to communicate with fellow team members, supervisors, patients, and other hospital personnel.
- Well-developed time management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies and procedures to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of medical terminology including a variety of diagnostic tests, surgeries, consultations and procedures.
- Ability to interpret a variety of data and instructions, furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- High School Diploma (Required)
- Ensure the privacy of each patient’s protected health information (PHI).
- Build collaborate relationships with peers and other staff members to achieve departmental and corporate objectives.
- General knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies and procedures to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- 1 year as typically acquired in a similar environment.
- HS Diploma or equivalent education/experience
Company: Sutter Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A