Website Sutter Health
Under general supervision, the Cook is responsible for the preparation of food for patients of all ages (infant, toddler, school-age, adolecent,adult, geriatric), staff, visitors, and catering functions, according to established standards of quality, quantity, and sanitation.
The Cook is responsible for food preparation to meet patient therapeutic/modified diet needs
- Experience in an acute-care or long-term care hospital in food preparation for modified diets is highly desirable.
- Must be able to evaluate food quality of ingredients and finished product, and food prepared must meet quality standards.
- Must have good working knowledge of the methods, procedures, and equipment involved in the large-scale production of foods.
- Knowledge of weights, measures, and simple arithmetic calculations is required to accurately prepare foods.
- Cooks must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and supervisors and foster a team approach.
- High School Diploma (Required)
- HS Diploma or equivalent education/experience
- Must have previous quantity-food-production experience.
- Knowledge of the operation and cleaning of food services equipment, such as grill, ovens (convection and conventional), broiler, mixer, food processor, steam kettle, steamer, knives, deep fat fryer, tilt fryer, and others is required.
- Knowledge of infection control/sanitation practices in food preparation and storage, and understanding of safety hazards and safety precautions in a kitchen environment are required.
- The ability to speak, read, and write English is required, as the Cook must be able to follow detailed oral and written instructions and read and understand menus, recipes, and production guides.
- Knowledge of modified diets and basic principles of nutrition and dietetics is highly desirable.
Company: Sutter Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Santa Rosa, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A