Website Sutter Health
Serves as the first point of contact for patients entering the medical facility. This job is intended for use by positions employed by an outpatient facility. Greets and checks-in patients, verifies information, schedules appointments, and updates Electronic Health record (EHR). Facilitates intake procedures such as completion of healthcare and insurance forms and collecting payments for services. Gains confidence and cooperation from the patient, their family/support group, and other healthcare providers through competent job performance and effective communication. Adheres to all organizational, local/state/federal regulations, codes, policies and procedures to ensure privacy and safety while delivering optimal patient care. May also be responsible for performing specific tasks and/or orient other staff to the department.
- HS Diploma or equivalent education/experience
- 1 year as typically acquired in a similar environment.
- Ensure the privacy of each patient’s Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Build collaborate relationships with peers and other staff members to achieve departmental and corporate objectives.
- General knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies and procedures to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- Possess written and verbal communications skills to communicate with fellow team members, supervisors, patients, and other hospital personnel.
- Well-developed time management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies and procedures to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- Work independently, as well as be part of the team, including accomplishing multiple tasks in an environment with interruptions.
- Identify, evaluate and resolve standard problems by selecting appropriate solutions from established options.
- Basic knowledge of insurance policies and procedures, as well as patient billing.
- Ability to interpret a variety of data and instructions, furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Company: Sutter Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sacramento, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A