Website Standard Bank
To carry out all aspects of the Flow Sales execution process related to the receipt and transmission of orders for diverse types of financial instruments (FX, FI and MM), in order to ensure alignment with the requirements and standards of the bank. To provide execution analysis, structured pricing and sector relevant research in order to facilitate the client advisory process whilst adhering to compliance standards and regulatory and market norms.
- Manage a portfolio of high and medium touch clients. Achieve annual sales targets by conducting execution analysis and proposing restructure ideas that address the interests and needs of the client.
Policies, standards, processes, procedures and tools
Implement applicable policies, systems, processes, procedures so that all relevant risk and business control requirements are fulfilled. Contribute to the continuous improvement of business control systems, processes and practices.
- Receive and provide price request. Provide baseline price (within mandated limits), set the varied price and in instances where there is no mandated limit, request price from traders, in line with market vision and trading strategy. Where necessary, engage trading on opportunities to optimise pricing to better enable sustainable client solutioning and liquidity. Work closely with Treasury specialists to dynamically manage margins and provide structured pricing ensuring fair spreads to clients.
- Receive instruction to execute deals and place orders (Buy/Sell) on the system for the assigned portfolio of clients on a timely basis. Prepare and complete all the necessary documentation and paperwork and acquire required approvals to execute the transaction / process the deal in a timely manner and within approved policies and guidelines, while performing suitability and risk analysis.
Compliance Checks and Due Diligence Complete all due diligence, proper verifications and conduct compliance checks of all trade orders to ensure error-free transactions and to ensure trades conform to regulations of regulatory bodies to the required standard.
- Log and file all communications to/from clients and departments for tracking purposes. Provide daily profit/loss and position reports to management to support effective maintenance of financial control within the team. Ensure periodical reports (quantitative and qualitative) as well as daily/weekly monthly reports are produced timeously and according to defined formats and procedures.
- Work with the Treasury Specialist, Traders and Operations to ensure daily operational efficiency while minimising market risk and firm exposure. Promptly escalate complex issues and flag and report any suspicious transactions that contravene the Bank’s risk limits. Inform management of any changes in the product portfolio or in legislation that may affect the bank’s operations. Where required allocate risk to the appropriate book.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study with ACI qualification and FAIS Regulatory Exams.
- Honour’s degree in a relevant field of study plus a relevant professional certification preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ Flow Sales experience. Relevant experience in Treasury Trading and financial markets analysis. Experience in the asset management sector/financial services. Good understanding of the buy-side industry, practical application of the products payment processing via SWIFT.
Company: Standard Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Soweto
Application Deadline: N/A