Your manager should be aware of and support your application. Pre-screening and psychometric evaluation may form part of the selection process. Short listed candidates will be requested to attend a panel interview. Applicants who receive no response to their applications within 14 days may consider their application for the position to be unsuccessful.
- Co-ordination of activities within the Central Safety department to ensure accurate health and safety data collection, for internal and external management reporting
- Ensuring effective change management in terms of potential impacts on systems and processes, associated with the introduction of new or revised requirements.
- Aid in development systems aimed at achieving continual improvement and which meet leading industry practice requirements.
- Interact with technical leads in development these systems.
- Staff development in terms of required functions, to ensure continuity of departmental possesses.
- You will report to the unit Manager Safety – (Risk ,Standard & Systems.
- Be in possession of COMSOC 1 and 2 or SAMTRAC
- Have a National Diploma in Health and Safety Management
- Have at least 5 years’ acceptable experience in Mining / Engineering environment having had a broad exposure related to:
- Accident/Injury administrative process requirements
- Collation and Utilisation of data, for managerial and legal reporting purposes
- Collation and maintenance of records within a document management system necessary to support the Health and safety
- Management system
- Back-end” development and utilization of leading /lagging indicator information system
- Inter-disciplinary interaction to support department and operational actions in meeting organizational health and safety
- Be in the use of the Microsoft Office suite programmes.
- Have a good knowledge of safety management systems
- Have good working knowledge with risk management systems
- Have good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Be a self–starter, displaying ability to use own initiative
- Be declared medically fit for the position and environment, as determined by a risk based medical examination at the relevant Sibanye Stillwater Occupational Health Centre
- Advantageous requirements:
- Studying towards a B-Tech or Degree in Health and Safety Management
- Have a Mine Overseer or Engineering Overseer Certificate
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Balfour
Application Deadline: N/A