Individuals within the Insights Functional Analyst role identify business intelligence, data modelling, reporting and data analysis needs. They work closely with clients and IT teams to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions. It is essential that the Insights Functional Analysts build an understanding of the business at a level of detail that enables them to identify and address critical issues. They provide data that is accurate, congruent and reliable, and ensure the information is easily available to users and customers for direct consumption or integration with other systems. Insights Functional Analysts educate and train clients and users to use the data as an analytical tool, displaying the information in new forms and content for the purpose of analysis and option exploration. Insights Functional Analysts work with clients to determine business requirements, priorities, define key performance indicators (KPI), and develop Business Intelligence and data warehouse (DW) strategy. This includes working with business and development teams to design, and document data models, dashboards, alerts, and reports. This individual is accountable for providing leadership and independent initiatives in facilitating information gathering, structured documentation and presentation of findings to all levels of management. They conduct analyses of functional business processes and functional business requirements and participate in the development of business cases in the support of process changes and/or IT projects. Insights Functional Analysts understand how data is turned into information and knowledge and how that knowledge supports and enables key business processes. They must have an in-depth understanding of the business environment and an interest in going beyond the obvious, delving into the source, the definition, philosophy, and foundational roots of a data element in order to create information. They must work well within a team environment.
- Interfaces with vendors to keep abreast of new technologies, pricing and customer applicability.
- Participates in vendor evaluations.
- Reviews test plans and monitors the testing process to ensure that business results are tested.
- Provides support to test teams.
- Provides design support for the development of business intelligence and insights solutions. Works on medium to complex and cross-functional
- IT and business intelligence solutions. Works on multiple tasks/projects as team member. Sometimes works as a technical lead.
- Participates in the workstream planning process including inception, technical design, development, testing and delivery of Insights solutions.
- Creates data quality tickets, as needed.
- Researches tools, frameworks and mechanisms for data analytics.
- Works with internal and external customers and IT partners to develop and analyse business intelligence and insights needs.
- Provides input to business requirements for the design of solutions.
- Researches business problems and creates models that help analyse these business problems.
- May lead or provide direction for the planning, designing, and execution of user efforts.
- May participate in the project management estimation process.
- Develops demand forecasts.
- Provides advice, guidance and feedback.
- Ensures work, information, ideas, and technology flow freely across teams.
- Resolves issues based on test results
- Provides input to the development of information quality metrics.
- Interprets business requirements and determines optimum BI and insights solutions to meet needs.
- Identifies and provides input to new technology opportunities that will have an impact on the enterprise wide Insights systems.
- Designs Institute-wide “views” and custom reports.
- May perform analysis for a wide range of requests using data in different formats and from various platforms.
- 3+ Years Working with interfaces.
- 3+ Years Data modeling techniques and methodologies
- 3+ Years Database / data repository design
- 3+ Years System functional analysis
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, engineering, system analysis mathematics, or an analytical field of study.
- 3+ Years Data warehouses, data marts and supporting tools.
- 3+ Years Provide technical effort estimates to be used in project schedules and resource allocation.
- 3+ Years Participate in test efforts: Test Planning, Test Execution, Defect Resolution and conducting root cause analysis to identify corrective actions.
- 3+ Years Leading organizations to implement future state business intelligence architectures and/or solutions.
- 3+ Years Leading major business intelligence and analytics development projects.
- 3+ Years Participate in Go-live planning activities.
- 3+ Years Translation of Business Reporting and Analytics requirements to data requirements.
- 3+ Years Experience Technical Analysis within Business Intelligence and Data Analytics teams.
- 3+ Years Business experience in strategic and business planning.
- 3+ Years Data Analysis
- 3+ Years Problem solving skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town
Application Deadline: N/A