Join the OK Franchise Division, part of the Shoprite Group, the largest private-sector employer in South Africa and a leading employer in Africa as a Business Analyst. You will be responsible for ensuring that efficient and cost-effective business solutions and processes are in place to address business needs/requirements.
- Improve and maintain the systems and operational processes within a specific domain.
- Optimize current and potential integrated systems and E2E business processes.
- Plan, arrange and control meetings, workshops and relations with the user during the investigations, design and development of business processes and solutions.
- Advise stakeholders (within IT and Business) to consider solutions which will work best for the business.
- Take responsibility for the timelines within the project plan, of the business analysis effort related to a project.
- Plan and organise own work and deliver on promises.
- Analyse and understand the customers (Internal and external) that are impacted, through the use of user journeys, research and/or spending time in the various operational areas.
- Analyse and document user requirements and assess the business implication of these to the business process involved. o Collaborate with user stakeholders in satisfying these requirements.
- To train business users, rendering support and facilitating sessions for end-users.
- Continuously support the business environment, while maintaining an understanding of enterprise business initiatives and objectives, the various line portfolios, current trends and developments in the technology field.
- Motivate stakeholders to change practises and consider other alternatives.
- Coaching and mentoring of Junior BA team members.
- Operate confidently within business strategy, current trends and developments in the retail industry.
- Focus personal efforts on achieving results aligned to organisation objectives
- Propose and document process improvements where appropriate and provide alternatives / options. o Assess risks, costs and potential benefits of alternative business process designs.
- Develop business rules and monitor the implementation of these rules in the development of the various application systems.
- Assist with and provide timeous feedback on ad-hoc queries from business stakeholders.
- Thinking partner and troubleshooter for business problems.
- Research & Advise on alternatives presented by the technical designers and answer detailed questions regarding the business design.
- Confidently engage the most appropriate business representatives to obtain input and agreement on alternatives (related to best practise in the industry) that are presented.
- Devises, initiates and drives effective small to meduim change initiatives in own area or department.
- Work closely with Architects, Designers and Business stakeholders to design and implement solutions.
- Good process modelling skills
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
- Good planning and time management skills
- Business understanding of the broader retail industry
- Degree or Diploma with 3 to 5 years related experience.
- Business Analysis certification at Practitioner level (ECBA, CCBA), FTI certification or similar
- Analytical thinking
- Results driven
- 3 years Business analysis in retail processes
- 3 years Retail industry Experience working within all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Effective relationship management and collaboration skills
- Good business and IT acumen
- Self-starter, with a can-do attitude
- Customer focused
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town
Application Deadline: N/A