Join the OK Franchise Division, part of the Shoprite Group, the largest private-sector employer in South Africa and a leading employer in Africa as a Business Analyst. You will be responsible for ensuring that efficient and cost-effective business solutions and processes are in place to address business needs/requirements.
- Information Seeking & Analysis
- Understand and analyse the current business environment.
- Operate confidently within business strategy, current trends and developments in the retail industry.
- Improve and maintain the systems and operational processes within a specific domain.
- Optimize current and potential integrated systems and E2E business processes.
- Analyse and understand the customers (Internal and external) that are impacted, through the use of user journeys, research and/or spending time in the various operational areas.
- Analyse and document user requirements and assess the business implication of these to the business process involved.
- Collaborate with user stakeholders in satisfying these requirements.
- Facilitation & Influencing
- Taking ownership to maintain knowledge within a specific area and sharing of that knowledge across the team. This includes interviews, presentations and workshop facilitations with both business & IT.
- Work closely with Architects, Designers and Business stakeholders to design and implement solutions.
- Research & Advise on alternatives presented by the technical designers and answer detailed questions regarding the business design.
- Confidently engage the most appropriate business representatives to obtain input and agreement on alternatives (related to best practise in the industry) that are presented.
- Plan, arrange and control meetings, workshops and relations with the user during the investigations, design and development of business processes and solutions.
- Communication, Building & Maintaining Relationships
- To build and optimize trusting relationships with business users and IT stakeholders by delivering what was promised and providing comprehensive knowledge and support.
- Foster a partnership between business stakeholders, IT disciplines and the delivery teams.
- Collaborating with all disciplines to drive out value adding solutions, and ensuring quick and efficient delivery.
- Accurately communicating the business requirements to IT to ensure that business needs are effectively and efficiently addressed. Keep Business Users informed of any changes (also accommodate changes in requirements as they are progressively elaborated).
- Drive and oversee solution assessment and validation.
- Identify cultural, business and organisational constraints affecting options for change.
- Degree or Diploma with 3 to 5 years related experience.
- Business Analysis certification at Practitioner level (ECBA, CCBA), FTI certification or similar
- 3 years Business analysis in retail processes
- 3 years Retail industry
- Experience working within all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Knowledge and Skills
- Good process modelling skills
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
- Effective relationship management and collaboration skills
- Good business and IT acumen
- Self-starter, with a can-do attitude
- Customer focused
- Analytical thinking
- Results driven
- Good planning and time management skills
- Business understanding of the broader retail industry
- SAP experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town
Application Deadline: N/A