As part of the CoNetrix Security team, an IT Auditor is expected to analyze complex IT environments from a security and compliance perspective. This includes reviewing policy and procedural controls, assessing the effectiveness of technical controls, writing audit reports, and communicating with the client about the results of their audit.
CoNetrix Security specializes in providing assurance testing and security consulting services to help financial institutions address Cybersecurity concerns, stay safe from evolving threats, and compliant with complex information security regulations. Dating back to 2001, CoNetrix Security has provided IT audits, vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and consulting services to community banks, credit unions, and other security conscious companies.
Here are some examples of what you could expect to do as part of this position:
- Travel to customer engagements. Most audit related engagements are on a three week cycle. Travel is expected to be between 20-30%.
- Conduct vulnerability scanning and evaluation of technology controls.
- Review policies, procedures, risk assessments, and plans.
- Evaluate the adequacy of Information Security Programs against regulations, guidance, standards, and industry best practices.
- Draft audit reports based on evaluations.
- Communicate observations with a broad range of audiences, from technical experts to non-technical executives.
If so, we are looking for people who will enjoy and enrich our company culture.
- You are conscientious, honest, and trustworthy. In a word you are a person of integrity.
- You like people and want to help them.
- You have the emotional intelligence needed to enlist trust and foster a spirit of collaboration.
- You have practical experience in technology, security, or auditing.
- You are good at listening, speaking, and writing. Accurate and effective communication is a top priority for you.
- You are a self-starter, taking responsibility for your own work and education.
- Learning new stuff makes you smile. New people, new terminology, new systems, new tools, etc. all energize you.
- You live in the state of Texas. Our business is in Lubbock, Texas.
- Better yet, you have certification(s) such as CISA, CISSP, or CISM.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lubbock, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A