Provide a continuous input into financial and business decision-making at tactical / operational level, the completion of financial accounting reports and the day-to-day execution of financial related activities, as well as ensuring the integrity of the General Ledger and Trial balance to ensure accurate and timely reporting on a monthly basis.
- Prepare forecast and budgets for applicable entities.
- Prepare Business Unit Statutory Reporting including Onestream/HFM reporting packs and compliance process, taking into account group timelines and requirements.
- Effective external/internal auditor relationships to meet reporting requirements/deadlines.
- Ensure the integrity of the GL accounts and the structure of the ledger.
- Perform monthly SOX controls.
- Perform SOX testing during testing cycles for financial reporting and GL.
- Perform accurate and timeous monthly GL and/or sub ledger reconciliations.
- Reviews and validates GL reconciliations.
- Ledger provides adequate reporting information and ensures transactions take place in a controlled environment.
- Good understanding of SAP to ensure alignment with management reporting objectives and requirements.
- Inputs into statutory reporting process for sub-consolidations, legal structure and Group Annual Financial Statements.
- Prepare and review of stand-alone Business Unit Annual Financial statements, where applicable.
- Prepare GL to assist reporting in Onestream/HFM
- Data in systems aligned with Group requirements.
- Provide the necessary information within prescribed deadlines to external and internal auditors to ensure audits are seamless and completed timeously.
- Technical issues timeously identified and actioned.
- Detailed understanding of Onestream/HFM reporting pack and the Sasol accounting manual.
- Minimal audit findings and Audit findings are mitigated.
- Provide accurate and timeous financial information for Business Unit reporting.
- Give inputs to the Cash flow forecasting process
- Ensure all GL reconciliations are performed and completed audit files are delivered for review.
- Comply with requirements in terms of controls over financial reporting and GL.
- Stakeholder/Interface Management – Network with key stakeholders in the Group and provide guidance to BU financial teams in terms of compliance to reporting frameworks.
- Common understanding and implementation of accounting standards and issues.
- The ability to access information from databases, forms, and other sources, and prepare reports according to requirements.
- Minimum of Bcom (honours)/Post graduate Diploma in Accounting
- 5 years relevant experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sandton
Application Deadline: N/A