Website South African Revenue Service
To provide highly analytical design thinking input, advice and guidance using your outstanding technical communication skills and subject matter expertise to ensure practical design alignment for all existing and forthcoming technology solutions by ensuring that all modernisation and enhancement initiatives are carefully and consistently evaluated against a non-exhaustive and constantly evolving set of software design life cycle principles, methodologies, governance standards and protocols.
- Implement and monitor the effective financial control, management of costs and corporate governance in area of specialisation.
- Apply processes to lead, direct and manage the analytical evaluation of business cases, conceptual designs, business requirements specifications, functional specifications, change request and memos across service delivery systems in line with operational targets.
- Provide authoritative, specialist expertise and advice to internal and external stakeholders.
- Design self-explanatory, detailed-oriented and logical process flows and conceptual solution design models for use by the organisation or business units for the purpose of providing information customized to meet specific needs.
- Ensure effective internal management and reconciliation of all solution artifacts.
- Provide specialist know-how, support, advice, and practice thought leadership in area of expertise.
- Ensure all solution designs are in strict adherence to all organisational policies as well as the South African Tax, Customs and Excise Acts.
- Participate in the specialist practice community and contribute positively to organisation knowledge management.
- Develop and/or align governance and compliance policies for own practice area to identify and manage risk exposure liability.
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships to understand needs, and promote understanding of full systems, product, and related services, and ensuring alignment to provide an understanding of all functions within the IT environment and corresponding impact on the operational environment.
- IT Certification/s
- Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 15 years related experience.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree / Advanced Diploma (NQF 7) AND 8-10 years’ experience in an IT environment, of which 3-4 years ideally at an operational specialist level.
Company: South African Revenue Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A