Website South African Revenue Service
To facilitate the adoption of new leading and bleeding edge ‘Game Changer’ concepts in support of the SARS Vision 2024 enterprise strategy, through research and benchmarking, open collaboration networks, crafting and socialisation of ‘SARS of the Future’ or ‘Tax, Customs and Excise 3.0’ concepts, jointly identifying and conceptualising organisational fore-sighting and innovation key focus areas and incubation of these concepts through prototyping/piloting.
Leverage the fore-sighting and innovation insights to develop conceptual business solutions that can be incorporated into the SARS product, process, segment and service strategies, define product features and develop their implementation roadmaps in the SARS business architecture and business solutions landscape.
Ensure the designs support the achievement of sustainable business results, including the provision of design and implementation support and conducting stakeholder engagement.
- Conduct fore-sighting and innovation research and benchmarking
- Manage the business ideation process
- Conduct and/or facilitate innovation prototypes, simulations and pilots of emerging business trends
- Craft innovation conceptual designs
- Design and maintain the ‘SARS of the Future’ model
- Ensure that business requirements are clearly identified, prioritized and satisfied by appropriate technical and or business process solutions.
- Accumulate information to review work progress that provides input to reporting, decision making and the identification of improvement opportunities.
- Apply practical and applied knowledge and act authoritatively on methods, systems and procedures to identify trends and potential risks.
- Communicate situational interpretation and judgement of work outputs and queries in area of specialisation.
- Correctly apply policies, practices, standards, procedures and legislation in the delivery of work outputs.
- Draw on own knowledge and experience to diagnose symptoms, causes and possible effects in order to solve emerging problems.
- Initiate process and procedural change, implement the change and provide guidelines and support related to new requirements as a result of the change.
- Plan for value-added process improvements, initiatives and services to deliver on operational strategy and objectives.
- Execute specialist input through investigation &opportunities within the product process including risk concern.
- Analyse and review legislative changes and practically translate these pieces of legislation for scoping consumption.
- Provide business design and engineering support to institutionalise process initiatives.
- Implement and provide input into the development of governance, compliance, integrity and ethics processes within area of specialisation.
- Ensure that completed work adhere to relevant policies, procedures, governance and legislative requirements and report on deviations & discrepancies.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with peers and team members to achieve predefined objectives.
- Search for, integrate and share new knowledge attained through formal and informal learning opportunities in the execution of your job.
- Enable a culture where information regarding successes, issues, trends and ideas are actively shared between team members.
- Adhere to organisational policies and procedures to ensure cost effectiveness and reduction of financial costs.
- Contribute to a culture of service excellence, which builds positive relationships and provides opportunity for feedback and exceptional service.
- Provide authoritative, specialist services, expertise and advice to internal and external stakeholders.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree / Advanced Diploma (NQF 7): Industrial Engineering, preferably augmented by a qualification or further studies in Future Studies, Fore-sighting or Innovation Research AND 8-10 years’ experience in a similar environment, of which 3-4 years must be at operational specialist level
- Senior Certificate (NQF 4) preferably augmented by a qualification or further studies in Future Studies, Fore-sighting or Innovation Research AND 15 year’s related experience, of which 3-4 years must be at operational specialist level
- The ability to identify patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related and to identify key or underlying issues
- This is the ability to formulate new concepts based on information gathered
- Ability to determine trends from raw data to assist decision-making in various aspects of work at SARS
- The ability to take all relevant details into account to ensure that a task is completed to required standards
Company: South African Revenue Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria
Application Deadline: N/A