Website South African Revenue Service
To lead and manage an audit team to ensure effectiveness of audit operations across multi tax types
- Accumulate information to report on work progress and use for decision making purposes and the identification of improvement opportunities.
- Apply discretion and judgement to diagnose symptoms, causes and effects and to make decisions to overcome problems and to provide solutions.
- Deploy resources appropriately and anticipate and resolve problems to ensure that tactical targets are achieved within agreed deadlines & standards.
- Ensure procedures, policies and mandates are clearly understood and complied with.
- Ensure the development, alignment and implementation of end-to-end processes within area of accountability for continued process improvement.
- Implement change & provide guidelines to direct reports defining the impact of change, the change itself & new requirements as a result of the change.
- Implement resource plans in line with delivery and performance objectives, on budget and in partnership with specialised areas.
- Link and communicate unit’s objectives back to mandate, schedule and prioritise activities and allocate work to meet identified work outputs.
- Manage a work function or unit by focusing on the delivery and achievement of set objectives within specified time frames, costs and standards.
- Plan and organise multiple work outputs by assigning priorities and continuously reviewing objectives and goals.
- Provide input into the development of the tactical strategy as well as develop and implement a supporting operational strategy.
- Apply the necessary discretion and judgment in making decisions and overcoming obstacles in order to attain set goals and objectives for area of accountability.
- Frequently report on progress of unit and or team against pre-defined objectives and standards, ensuring accurate representation of facts. „h Ensure compliance to applicable legislation and all standard operating procedures and policies applicable to business unit.
- Implement and use governance & compliance procedures & processes effectively to identify and manage risks and expose previously unknown liabilities.
- Understand and implement governance control processes and role segregation requirements in area of accountability.
- Implement risk management, governance and compliance policies and processes to identify and manage risks and expose liabilities
- Build strong relationships through providing direction and leadership to own team and expressing positive expectations.
Encourage and enable teamwork, by enabling collaboration with others and commitment to pursuing set goals
Implement appropriate people capacity plans in line with delivery and efficiency targets, on budget and in partnership with specialised areas.
Monitor and actively manage team performance to meet specified objectives against required targets, deadlines and quality standards.
- Draw up a budget aligned to operational delivery plans, monitor and report on variances.
Implement, manage and report on cost improvement objectives and communicate or escalate any shortfalls.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree/ Advanced Diploma (NQF 7) AND 5-7 years’ customs and excise related experience in a similar environment, of which 1 year ideally at supervisory level.
- Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 10 years’ Tax related experience in a similar environment, of which 1 year ideally at supervisory level.
Company: South African Revenue Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Alberton
Application Deadline: N/A