Website South African Reserve Bank - SARB
The main purpose of this position is to manage, maintain, install and support information systems for departments within the South African Reserve Bank (SARB) for the provisioning of quality information and reporting to support organisational decision-making processes.
- Deliver work that meets the time and quality standards set by more senior staff.
- Implement and securely install the information services solutions to enhance the resilience, redundancy and continuity of systems.
- Establish and maintain stakeholder relationships with vendors of information business, to ensure efficient running and maintenance of the information services.
- Respond to unplanned system outages.
- Facilitate and coordinate the technical configuration (by vendors) to integrate information services feeds into the SARB’s information technology (IT) environment.
- Stay abreast of industry developments and best practices, and apply these in the course of own work.
- Provide third-level support to end users in all departments, including proactive preventative maintenance and upgrade of the systems.
- Contribute to knowledgebase articles (technical diagrams and technical procedures and work instructions) in order to preserve technical knowledge.
- Improve and standardise work processes in the course of own work and ensure application of standards and methods in the team.
- Establish and maintain relationships with business to provide support in the identification, acquisition and contracting of technical and information requirements to meet business requirements.
- two to five years’ job-related experience.
- a National Diploma in Information Systems (NQF 6) or equivalent;
- Original Equipment Manufacturer accreditations such as A+, N+ and MCSA or MCITP; and
Company: South African Reserve Bank – SARB
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A