Website South African Police Service - SAPS
Only the official application form (for salary level 1-12) which will be available at all SAPS Offices, Stations and may also be downloaded on the SAPS website will be accepted. All instructions on the application form must be adhered to; failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application.
The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form.
- Investigate serious banking related crimes;
- Administer and maintain a data base for all Banking related crimes;
- Monitor progress in respect of banking related investigations;
- Monitor banking crime trends and prepare relevant presentations and reports for the Sub-Section Commander;
- Follow up on progress reports in respect of identified Serious Banking Crime investigations on a monthly basis;
- Maintain good relations with internal and external role players;
- Interview complainants calling at DPCI Head Office in respect of commercial crime complaints in terms of the mandate of Serious Commercial;
- Conduct preliminary administrative investigations where necessary;
- Maintain an efficient and effective brought forward filing system;
- Render assistance and support in the administrative functions of the component;
- Ensure proper management and utilization of all resources allocated to the group.
A relevant three (3) year Diploma/ Degree registered on the National Learner Record Database on at least a NQF 6 level with three (3) years relevant experience in the field of the post of which two (2) years should be on supervisory level. Preference will be given to applicants in possession of qualification(s) in Policing/ Law/ Forensic Investigation/ Criminology/ Accounting/ Public Management or related field of study.
Qualification & Experience:
- Be in possession of a Senior Certificate (Grade 12) and a relevant (to the post) three (3) year Degree/Diploma registered on the National Learner Record Database on at least a NQF 6 level;
- Be proficient in at least two (2) official languages, of which one (1) must be English.
- Must be a South African citizen.
- Must have no previous criminal/departmental convictions or criminal or departmental cases pending;
- Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process which will include security screening;
- Be in possession of at least a valid light motor vehicle driver’s licence;
- Must not have tattoos which will be visible when wearing summer uniform;
- Relevant courses in the field of the post may be an advantage.
Company: South African Police Service – SAPS
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A