Sappi Ngodwana Mill requires a Production Manager to manage and ensure effective performance of all aspects of the Fibre line #2, Uptakes #2 and Paper Support Services (PSS) in terms of both current performance and longer-term business planning, thereby contributing to the profitability and growth of Ngodwana Mill by aligning, guiding and coordinating the activities of the team, to utilize the skills and experience of each team member to achieve the targets in terms of production volumes, quality, uptime, safety, costs and staff development.
- Accountable for the efficiency of the process within Fibre line #2 and all auxiliary equipment associated with the plant
- Continually seek opportunities for the enhancement of productivity and quality by applying Lean Manufacturing Principles.
- Plan the plant operations to ensure the optimum utilisation of all resources.
- Plan and manage shut and maintenance plans within the section.
- Initiate and implement engineering and maintenance standards and procedures.
- Compile and ensure business goals are aligned with that of the rest of the Mill
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers within areas of responsibility
- Ensure compliance with business processes within area of responsibility
- Responsible for and co-ordinate the effective management of Human Resources within the Fibre Line #2
- Perform effective career development, Performance Management, Training, Mentoring, Goal alignment, Industrial relations, HR administration, compliance to legislation directives, distribution of all resources, Productivity, Diversity
- Set goals and appraises immediate subordinates on a bi-annual basis giving more frequent coaching and feedback
- Ensure competency of all subordinates through adequate training, assessments, and coaching
- Prepare and control forecasts, annual capital expenditure, fixed and variable cost budgets.
- Report monthly on status thereof.
- BTech Pulp and Paper or BSc Chemical Engineering or BEng Chemical Engineering
- Relevant management programme
- 8 Years relevant production/Manufacturing experience.
- 2 Years supervisory experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ngodwana Mill
Application Deadline: N/A