The Sanlam Retail Affluent business (SRA) is dedicated to empower South Africans in the middle- and upper-income segments to be financially confident, secure and prosperous. With deep client understanding and a focus on excellence in technology, client and intermediary experiences, SRA delivers financial solutions including comprehensive financial planning, life- and disability insurance, credit solutions, savings and investments, retirement and fiduciary services that can be accessed through various platforms.
- Handling claimant enquiries.
- Administration of death claim proceeds for reinvestment (Sanlam New Business and other companies).
- Record adjustments (e.g. asset in estate).
- Requesting information regarding outstanding requirements.
- Compiling summaries for Legal Department where legal input required.
- Requesting information and/or calculations from Actuarial, Policy Renewals and Policy Instalments.
- Preparation of a finalised claim (payment and decline).
- Communicating decisions regarding the distribution of Fund proceeds.
- Draft letters when referring dependants/complainant to the Pension Fund Adjudicator.
- Recommendations regarding claim decisions (legality of claim, premium position, fraud and distribution of Fund proceeds) to team leader and make own recommendations.
- Preparation of Fund cases for Forum decision.
- Recommend allocations regarding Fund death benefit distributions by (1) trace & identify dependants (2) equitable distribution among them (3) determine mode of payment and if payable to trust/guardian or direct to dependant.
- Draft summary for Section 37C Sub committee of the Board of Trustees when disagreements/complaints received. Summarise final decisions to provide to the Board of Trustees.
- Fund Legislation
- Product knowledge (individual life policies)
- Claims policy knowledge
- Financials enquiries
- 3 years Degree/ Diploma
- 3 years experience in Death Claims and Client Services; either Individual life or Employee Benefits environment.
- Computer skills
- Grade 12 (with Mathematics/Accounting)
- Knowledge of death claims process
- Managing and setting up emails
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bellville
Application Deadline: N/A